Alla Dzhioeva: the CEC was pressurized23.01.2012 | 12:49
"I can't keep silent!" This phrase by Leo Tolstoy is known to many. Alla Dzhioeva, specialist in Russian philologist by training, is following the example of Russian classic. She wants to convey the truth about what really is happening in South Ossetia to the people. Alla Dzhioeva has told about the new candidates for the presidency, failed and controversial elections of 2011, the personality of the former head of the republic Eduard Kokoity and many others in an exclusive interview to GTimes.
- Alla, we see that they have seriously armed against you. How do you evaluate the current situation?
- How do I evaluate the situation? I was legitimately elected president of South Ossetia. But I am a man without ambition. The point here is not in me. The essence of the case is in relation to the Ossetian people. November 27, 2011, the people of South Ossetia made their choice and here the point is not in me. It was an expression of the will of the Ossetian people. You have to reckon with it. When I appeal to the leadership of the Russian Federation - President Dmitry Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin - I appeal not as president of South Ossetia, but as the citizen of the Russian Federation and South Ossetia. I sincerely hope that the Russian Federation will help to direct the South Ossetian situation in the legal channel.
- What do you think about the presidential election in South Ossetia to be held in March 25?
- As for the forthcoming elections, they will be illegitimate any way. I'd ask all candidates, whether they agree with the decision of the Supreme Court of South Ossetia? If they answer "yes", they are doomed, since the South Ossetian voters are aware of the background of the court's decision. If they say "no", then how can they run for president? Participating in the March elections, they agree with the lawlessness. There is no escape. We're not talking about the elections on March 25, but about the return of the situation in the legal channel.
- What is your attitude to the former president of the republic Eduard Kokoity?
- It's enough to look at yesterday's Kokoity's comment on the revocation of my sign from infamous "Agreement", and then everything will be clear about this man. His aggressive rhetoric has always distinguished him, and now it's just militant. When he once again says "Dzhioeva's on probation", he forgets that all these years I am talking about falsification of the criminal case instigated against me, criminal actions of Prosecutor General's Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs and of the whole this camarilla.
- In an interview to our edition members of the Moscow Ossetian community told that they were purposefully destroying the freedom of opinion in South Ossetia. Is it so?
- Of course. Agree that journalists and human rights activists - they are still single figures. Chairman of the Supreme Court of South Ossetia has dared to cross out the opinion of 56, 7% of the population. What could we say about individual personalities?
- Not so long ago, the chairman of South Ossetian CEC Bella Plieva has been hospitalized with heart disease. Could this be connected to pressure on the CEC?
- There is no doubt that Bella Plieva was pressurized. Unfortunately, she failed to fulfill her civic duty. And she was only to publish the final protocol, signed by all 15 members of the Central Election Commission. According to this protocol and the subsequent decision of the CEC, Alla Dzhioeva won the presidential election in November, 2011. Bella Plieva, the CEC Chairman, made such a decision with one of the points: "on the basis of the final protocol and regulations to consider Alla Alexandrovna Dzhioeva legitimately elected president of South Ossetia". But there was a mandatory item number 4, under which she was obliged to publish the text of this decision in newspaper "Hurzarin" and in all media. She had no courage for this. If this item had been fulfilled, Atsamazay Bichenov's decision of the Supreme Court would had no importance. ... But, alas, not only Bella Plieva has got a heartache. I wish Bella Vladimirovna speedy recovery. But I do not rule out that her hospitalization was an opportunity to distance herself from participation in the work of CEC. Some members of the CEC took part in our standing at the square of Tskhinval. We have information that they had experienced strong pressure from above.
- What are they saying in South Ossetia about the criminal case instituted against you in 2008?