Lethal injection for Gilal Mamedov15.08.2012 | 11:42
Recently, the leader of Talysh diaspora of Russia Ismail Shabanov made a sensational statement on the case of Gilal Mamedov. According to him, Baku has developed a plan of physical elimination of the Talysh activist. The plan with the recruitment of Gilal has failed; drug dealing and espionage are too obvious. Gilal has become too dangerous, so he should die. In an interview to GTimes Ismail Shabanov told about this.
- Until recently, Gilal Mamedov was held in Shuvalyansky prison. This prison is known for its tough regime. Now he is in another prison. They say it is less rigid and more open. What is the reason for your fears?
- We have a source that we cannot disclose. He says they want to give Gilal an injection in the office of prison doctor. Remember the late Novruzali Mamedov. Information about the prisoner Novruzali was announced by the same source that in Gilal's case. In 2009, this source informed us they were going to give Novruzali Mamedov an injection, even though there were no doctor's instructions for this. The Talyshs did not raise a row that time; they thought our indignation would only hurt Novruzali. Our silence was interpreted by the Azerbaijani authorities as consent. In August 2009, Novruzali died in prison under mysterious circumstances.
Recently, our confidential source said, Baku has taken an important political decision to physically eliminate Gilal Mammadov. Intelligence agencies have been instructed on this issue.
- What's the essence of this instruction?
- On the appointed day they will lead Gilal Mamedov to the examination at the prison doctor. In the office of the medical unit will make him an injection. After the injection they will give an order to immediately release Gilal from prison. They will tell Gilal to leave Azerbaijan and move to Russia or some other nearby country. In the host country, or maybe on his way there, the injection will work and he will die from a terrible choking. Azerbaijani MNS has long used such method of elimination of political opponents.
- As we understand, such injection killed Novruzali Mamedov. Who else was eliminated this way?
- Yes, Novruzali was killed by a lethal injection. In 1995, Rovshan Javadov, the head of special police of Azerbaijan, died from such injection. He was killed in the Interior Ministry hospital. In 2003, a similar injection was given to Javadov's son, Lachin. He was lured from Moscow to Baku, where he got an injection, and in 2003 Lachin died in Moscow airport. Many comrades of the former Azerbaijani President Ayaz Mutalibov died from such injections. The scenario of killing is the same: they release a man from prison and send from Azerbaijan to Russia, where the person dies. I personally sent the bodies of all these people to their homeland and learned opinion of medical experts. The cause of death in each case is the lack of air. So we are knowingly raising the noise.
- How can people of good will help Gilal Mamedov?
- If a person has a clear conscience and good will, he should do at least something to save Gilal from death. Gilal's Life hangs by a thread. We do not appeal to Azerbaijan. We appeal to the Russian human rights activists, journalists, politicians.
Let them say something in defense of Gilan Mamedov - the scientist, human rights activist, believer, man who has a family and children. Russia is a great power, humane and civilized country. It should not allow the Azerbaijani authorities to apply Gestapo methods to the man, guilty only in protecting the rights of the Talysh people.