- Muslims Reject US Commandments 2015-05-29 11:11
- This Time It Is Different 2015-05-29 00:28
- The Elite Have A Great Fear Of Death 2015-05-26 22:21
- Senior NATO Official: “We’ll Probably be at War This Summer” 2015-05-25 23:54
- The US Created ISIS 2015-05-25 23:49
- America’s Survival Depends on Stopping Jade Helm 2015-05-23 23:39
- Wahhabis have appeared in Georgia? 2013-05-28 17:15
- Why dollar is cheapening in Georgia? 2013-05-27 18:56
- Burjanadze is riding high again 2013-05-23 14:23
- Justice vs. cohabitation 2013-05-20 19:43
- Azerbaijan prefers Russia to Georgia? 2013-05-18 12:14
- George Margvelashvili: Decent president instead of a sadist 2013-05-16 15:33
- Barisakho: Other world in Georgian mountains 2013-05-15 16:34
- "President Saakashvili gave Targamadze directives" 2013-05-14 20:04
Ivanna Melay - a Ukrainian star who has won Georgia24.08.2012 | 17:38
Our audience knows little about a Ukrainian singer Ivanna Mela. This girl is working on TV-channel PIK, shooting videos and performing live a lot. We met with the Ukrainian young girl, who has managed to achieve popularity in Georgia in a very short period of time, and asked her about the creative plans, life on the hospitable Georgian soil and interesting details of her biography.
- Ivanna, our readers are very interested to find out more details about your life in Ukraine. What did you do before you come to Georgia?
- On the Ukrainian television, on the channel M1, I had my own program "Viva la vita. Trump People". I worked on this project for three years. Like any creative person, I find it difficult to stay in one place, be obsessed with something; I sought for creative growth and change. The history of this program was completed two years ago. Frankly, I did not think I would ever return to television as an anchorperson, since my main profession is a singer. I did not want to work on TV. This work took a lot of time and efforts. In Ukraine, they long could not offer me anything interesting. Many channels want to see me their face.
- And how have you found yourself on the Georgian TV PIK as the creator and anchorperson of your own program?
- Along with the team of Ukrainian artists I performed in Svaneti, in a Christmas concert ... And I stayed in Georgia. This happened in 2011. Previously, my life mostly consisted of concerts, tours and studio work.
- Was it hard to get accustomed to living in Georgia, even though our country and Ukraine are friends? In addition, our two countries are Orthodox. Has it helped you?
- You know, it's an interesting question. I like the fact that I can easily communicate with the Georgian monks and priests. I get clear and precise answers from the clergy to the questions I have. But I would not like to talk about this in detail since this topic is too personal. Many people are the cynics, they may incorrectly understand me. Spiritually, I am very happy that I have managed to open another part of me that has always existed inside me. You can call it a manifestation of latent spirituality, if you want. I have confidence in the fact that people do not acquire anything new, they just reveal the qualities and abilities laid down genetically from birth. We just do not always understand that.
- How do you feel far away from home?
- It is hard because of the fact that my family and friends are in Ukraine. In addition, the familiar for me system of work in show business has also remained in the past, it's different in Georgia. Do not believe if you hear that I have given up Ukraine, it is not true! I continue to perform at concerts, I have an interview and show in homeland in which I am involved. I cannot say I have closed the way to Ukraine or Russia or Kazakhstan. But my main work is my own program on TV PIK.
- Who's writing songs for you?
- The previous two albums - "13" and "Viva la vita" - consisted of my own songs: I wrote the words and the music by myself. Now I am actively collaborating with Maya Kachkachishvili - this is perhaps one more important argument in favor of my stay in Georgia. Together with her, we have written the song "Mama, I love a Georgian". I wrote the text, and we wrote the music together. Now we are working out a few songs, including in the English.
- I know that you have a video for the song "Mama, I love a Georgian".
- Yes, it was directed by Zaza Orashvili. My choice was not random; we worked with Zaza in my program "With Ivanna Melay" on the TV PIK. I think that really creative people always find each other. The law of attraction always works. This has happened with my creative team in Georgia.