- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania: Saakashvili lost the trust of the West2009-04-06 14:39
Mikheil Saakashvili "lost the trust of the West he used to have, and is no longer regarded there as a reliable partner", said Irakli Alasania, the ex-permanent Representative of Georgia to the UN, the head of the Alliance for Georgia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his opinion, "the strategic dialog between the USA and Russia on the issue of Georgia will be effective when the USA will have a reliable partner in Georgia, who will try to use the international situation and the USA assistance with a well-though over policy".
Therefore, as Alasania believes, "power in Georgia must be changed - in a peaceful and constitutional way ". "New elections will allow electing a President able to make Georgia the European security constituent part and to normalize relations with the Russian Federation basing on the principle of the territorial integrity of Georgia", he said in the interview, published in today's Kviris Palitra.
Alasania also warned the authorities of the country against the use of force in the course of the April 9th actions.
In his view, "it will cause people's response, will lead to chaos, and the responsibility for everything will be imposed on Mikheil Saakashvili". "The use of force by the authorities, uncontrollable processes and chaos may lead Georgia to the catastrophe", Alasania mentioned. "If the political leadership of Georgia will demand to use force against the rally participants, I call for the law enforcement employees to disregard these illegal orders, the consequences of which will be catastrophic for the country ", the Alliance for Georgia claimed.