- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Less than one half of Georgians intend to participate in protest actions2009-04-06 15:47
35.2 per cent of the population of Georgia intend to participate in the protest actions of April 9th. 32.5 per cent will abstain from attending, 32.3 per cent hasn't already made a decision, the survey of Kviris Palitra states - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On April 9th practically all political parties of Georgia start protest actions with the demand of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation and of calling early presidential elections. Offices to conduct protest actions were established in Tbilisi and in the regions as well. The opposition predicts that over 150 thousand people will participate in the rallies in the capital to be started at 2 a.m. local time in several places simultaneously.
The opposition claims that it is orientated on peaceful protest only and warns the authorities against provocations. The independent groups to monitor the process of the actions are established in the Public Defender's (ombudsman) office, as well as the hotline to enable people report the violations of human rights in the course of the protest actions.