- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Collision of opposition members and police in Tbilisi2009-04-06 17:16
Georgian police didn't let representatives of the opposition parties youth organizations to stage their planned protest action near the Avlabari residence of President Mikheil Saakashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Though all the roads to the residence were blocked, the young opposition members turned to policemen and asked them to disregard the demands of "the impostor President", who was holding the meeting with the parliamentary majority representatives.
The action was staged in the territory adjacent to the residence and the participants even managed to hang the posters depicting Saakashvili chewing his tie and running during the Gori bombing.
One more protest action, staged near the Public TV of Georgia building, finished with arrests of activists. The rally participants, members of the Why? movement, demanded the management of the TV channel the information on the expenditures in 2009.
In the course of the action the collision of police and opposition members took place. According to the mass media messages, police arrested several rally participants.