- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Jondi Bagaturia demands the release of political prisoners2009-04-06 21:25
Jondi Bagaturia, the opposition MP, turns to the authorities of Georgia and calls for them to meet the wishes of opposition and release all the political prisoners.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"If the government releases the political prisoners, it will be a signal for the entire society: the government is ready for real, result-orientated dialog, but not a dialog for the dialog's sake", Bagaturia claimed.
According to the MP, he previously passed the Commission on pardon the list of 18 persons he regards as political prisoners. In this list he included Nora Kvitsiani, the sister of the ex-presidential envoy in the Kodori gorge, supporters of Igor Giorgadze and a number of other persons.
On the threshold of the April 9th the government proposes the opposition to dialog on essential issues, but the non-parliamentary opposition refuses, and now only the Christian Democrats and the National- Democratic party are holding negotiations with the authorities.