- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Memorandum to build free industrial zone signed2009-04-07 10:26
Yesterday in Kutaisi a memorandum of mutual understanding with the Fresh [the Egyptian company] was signed. The company will build a free industrial zone in the territory of the former Kutaisi automobile plant.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Before the signing Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, addressed the workers and citizens gathered in the plant building.
He highlighted that very soon, in a few months, up to 5 000 working places will be created in Kutaisi, and in nearest years it will grow up to 25 000-30 000.
"From now on the citizens of Kutaisi will be able to earn their living. Soon Kutaisi will count half a million citizens. People will come here to find job. It is very important for people, who had no job in recent 15-17 years", Saakashvili claimed.
The President stated that soon Georgia will have three more really big industrial centers (besides Tbilisi) - Kutaisi, Poti and Batumi. He underlined that the country faces many challenges, and the main one is the unemployment, involving 20 per cent of the population; and implementation of similar projects will allow overcoming the problem.
"This is a real chance for Georgia to get out of the global crisis, and may even be an example for many European countries", he noted.
Saakashvili alluded to the Ukraine, where, according to the President of Georgia, the global crisis caused serious problems and where employees of a government-financed organization are not paid their salaries. In Georgia, as he stated, the budget is exceeded, and salaries are paid regularly .
The President highlighted that Georgia has a serious support of the new U.S. administration and NATO member countries, and this support, together with strengthening of the country and tremendous patience will let it solve the problem of lost territories.
The ceremony of signing the memorandum was held after Saakashvili's speech. The document was signed by Mikheil Tigishvili, the head of Georgian International Holding, and Halil Ibrahim, the representative of Fresh.