- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Owner of the detained ship will pay fine to Georgia2009-04-07 13:08
Russian dry cargo ship V.Uspenski flying the flag of Cambodia, was detained near Batumi port for violation of navigation rules, the Georgian coast guard service informs - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The guard service mentioned that the ship was coming from Hopa (Turkey) to Azov (Russia).
"The crew members are not detained and have the right for free movement and going out to Batumi, but in accordance with the Georgian law the ship owners will have to pay a fine ", the coast guard reported.
According to tentative information, the fine will amount GEL 50 000 (about USD 30 000).
The Russian interests section in the Swiss embassy in Georgia has already been informed of the incident.
According to the available messages, the ship decided to go via the closed area to save fuel.
Russian ship V.Uspenski was detained at night of April 6th -7th . The crew comprises 14 persons, all of them are Russian citizens.