- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia prepares provocations but will take no combat actions against South Ossetia2009-04-07 15:40
The Committee for State Security of South Ossetia has the information that the young people from the Georgian enclaves of South Ossetia are trained in intelligence and subversions in order to organize provocations in the territory of South Ossetia, RIA Novosti informs alluding to Boris Atoyev, the Committee head.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I may say that some provocations will be organized by the Georgian special services, perhaps even in the area adjacent to the border. We have the reasons to make such suggestions, as he have enough information that the young people from the enclave are sent to bases, where they undergo the relevant intelligence and subversive training. Perhaps, they[the authorities of Georgia] will try to use them to conduct terrorist and provocative actions, including rallies near the border", he said.
At the same time, Atoyev sees no reason to suggest that Georgia will try to conduct large-scale combat actions against South Ossetia one more time. "I know, there are such rumours, and people worry. I would like to calm down everyone - I think, there is no reason to apprehend large-scale combat operations", the Committee head stated. "You understand what kind of political situation is in Georgia now, and the special services of Georgia spread various rumours. It is done to draw the attention of people away from the domestic problems of Georgia. Besides, it is done to destabilize the situation in our republic," Atoyev said.