- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Part of opposition demands Saakashvili’s impeachment2009-04-07 17:36
Part of Georgian opposition repeated its demands to start procedure of president Mikheil Saakashvili's impeachment and hold a referendum on calling early presidential elections.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The initiative was presented at today' s meeting of the Parliament by the MP Giorgi Tsagareishvili - Rosbalt.
According to Tsagareishvili, the only question for the referendum should be: "Would you like holding early presidential elections before January 1st 2010 or not?"
The MP called for his colleagues to sign the demand of Mikheil Saakashvili's impeachment.
The Labour party shares Tsagareishvili's position and, in fact, it was it who asked the MP to raise the question in the Parliament.
"I remember pretty well when on November 2nd 2007 ,in this chamber and outside it, some people said that only 500 or 5000 people will come to the actions. If the number is the problem, on April 9th, in Rustaveli Avenue you will see great lots of people," he said.
This Thursday practically all the opposition parties of Georgia start country-wide mass protest actions with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation.
Opposition is sure that no less than 150 000 people will take part in Tbilisi rallies to be started at 2 p.m. in several places simultaneously.