- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alliance for Georgia published final results of the plebiscite2009-04-08 10:49
In the New Rights' office the Alliance for Georgia leaders published the results of the plebiscite.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to David Gamkrelidze, the New Rights' leader, out of 403058 respondents over 348 000 supported the idea of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation and calling early presidential elections.
"When the leadership of the country refused the proposal to reveal the attitude of the population to the early elections, the Alliance chose the way of holding a nation-wide survey, a plebiscite. The plebiscite clearly showed citizens' support of calling early elections. The attitude of the present-day leadership to the plebiscite results reiterates that Saakashvili has neither the ability for adequate perception of reality nor the political responsibility to set the interests of the state above the personal interests," Gamkrelidze said.