- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rezo Tchkheidze: Saakashvili won’t resign without the USA permission2009-04-09 11:34
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, won't resign unless the USA request him to do so, said Rezo Tchkheidze, a prominent Georgian director and public figure, the prize-winner of international festivals and awards, People's Artist of Georgia, in his interview to The Georgian Times, published today - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Saakashvili, is undoubtedly a very talented and extraordinary person", the 83-year old Tchkheidze stared," if he resigns voluntarily, he will deserve the respect and love of the people". "But I think that in this situation Saakashvili cannot make decision of leaving himself. The USA and the West assisted Georgia actively, therefore Saakashvili has to consider it and cannot make a decision of resignation without their consent", Tchkheidze noted.
Today at 2 p.m. (local time) a mass protest action with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation start in Tbilisi, in front of the Parliament building. The organizers expect 150 000 participants.