- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: we all are united by the Motherland2009-04-09 12:15
This morning Mikheil Saakashvili, the president of Georgia, laid flowers to the memorial to the people died on April 9th 1989 near the Parliament building.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Georgian leader commented upon the protest action with the demand of his resignation. "Discords occur in all the democratic countries," Saakashvili said.
"Despite the differences in opinions we all must remember that we all are united by our Motherland. We must continue the struggle for unification of our Motherland, for freedom and independence - the struggle in which here, under the Soviet tanks, on April 9th our compatriots died, the struggle which fought our soldiers last August," the President said.
Today the Georgian opposition starts permanent protest actions with the demand of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation.