- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze called for everyone to unite2009-04-09 13:29
David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament, reminded that April 9th is the Day of National Unity and called for the people to unite. The statement was voiced today by the memorial to the people died 20 years ago, in 1989.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Speaker reiterated his urges for the opposition to dialog and highlighted that the government proposed a very serious package of reforms, including the ones of the Constitution, electoral legislation and local self-government.
Today a permanent mass protest action in front of the Parliament building starts; opposition expects 150 000 participants.
At 1 a.m. the opposition supporters gather in 4 places: Avlabari underground station, Public TV, Tbilisi University and the National Stadium, then go to the Parliament.
A tribune with the inscription "For Saakashvili's resignation" is standing in front of it; tents of the secretariat and press center of the protest action on the sides.
Representatives of the Public Defender in their special uniform have already appeared near the Parliament.