- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition will wait for Saakashvili’s response on the proposal to leave2009-04-09 15:43
At 4 p.m. (local time) the Georgian opposition leaders intend to address the president on behalf of the Georgian people with a demand to resign - Interfax.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The rally participants will wait for Saakashvili's response and then will make a decision on the further actions.
From 100 000 up to 120 000 people gathered in Rustaveli Avenue and streets nearby - ITAR TASS. The rally participants are members of the leading opposition parties, their supporters, public organizations' envoys, ordinary citizens. Most of them are from Tbilisi, also thousands from various cities and regions of the country.
Above the tribune there is a poster with the inscription "For Saakashvili's resignation".
Before the protest action Nino Burjanadze, the ex-Speaker, the head of the Democratic Movement-United Georgia stated: "Mikheil Saakashvili must understand that it is time for him to resign. The majority of population demands his leaving ".