- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian opposition resumes the rally in front of the Parliament2009-04-10 15:49
Georgian opposition resumes its anti-presidential rally in front of the Parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At 3 p.m. the territory adjacent to the build, was densely occupied with people, more of them were approaching - Novosti-Gruzia.
Yesterday opposition gave Saakashvili 24 hours to response the address demanding resignation, and promised to inform of their further action at 4 p.m.
Today the President of Georgia mentioned he doesn't intend to step down. "In the nearest four years - in the [second] term of my presidency - my government and I plan to build a hydro resource of new scale in Georgia, which will be equal to the one of Enguri hydro power plan," he said and again proposed dialog with the opposition.
Irakli Batiashvili (Republican party), the ex-Security Council head predicts that opposition action will gat more acute character - in response to the President's position.
"In fact he [Saakashvili] ignored the opposition's proposal. They [the authorities] have been speaking about the dialog for a long time. But it is nothing but words without any meaning in them. It is just a dialog to create its vision. Surely, it will make greater tension of the situation. The actions will continue in the frames of the Constitution, but will become of more acute character", Batiashvili said.
Guguli magradze, the leader of For Freedom and Justice women's party called the President's statement "the attempt to throw dust in the eyes".
"It is another PR action of the authorities. Real actions are needed, the President must speak in front of the people and claim his resignation", Magradze said.At the same time she mentioned that the pro-presidential majority can be presidential candidates at the elections, when the latter are called.