- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Nogaideli’s party renounced participation in protest actions2009-04-13 11:39
Zurab Nogaideli, the ex-PM of Georgia, and his party, For Just Georgia, renounced participation in opposition rallies, as the ex-PM himself told in his interview to The Versia (Tbilisi). - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"On April 9th in Batumi I and my supporters held a rally with many thousands of participants and with demands of Saakashvili's resignation; the same day a grandiose rally of the opposition was held in Tbilisi; it all was a great event in the life of Georgia and a serious step in the way of changing power, but now I and my party made a decision to dissociate ourselves from opposition actions and participate in rallies no longer", he said.
Nogaideli didn't explain the reasons of this decision but only said he will "tell everything after when the events started on April 9t will be finished". The Versia itself, alluding to the sources in the opposition states that the reason was that leaders of some parties were "against Nogaideli's participation in opposition rallies in Tbilisi". According to the newspaper, "these opposition members presented the organizers of Tbilisi rally the ultimatum: if Nogaideli participates in the actions, they will leave the rally as a protest".