- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian political scientists are convinced of the necessity of dialog between the authorities and the opposition2009-04-13 16:16
Today Georgian experts and political scientists conduct a meeting with David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament, and Dimitri Shashkin, the Minister for Penitentiary, Probation and Legal Assisstance, in Sheraton Metekhi Palace hotel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Before the meeting the experts stated the sides will discuss the necessity of a real dialog with the opposition.
"The topics for discussion the government proposed to the opposition sound ridiculous on the present-day background in the country", said expert Vladimir Papava, and highlighted that the dialog is necessary, but on urgent issues.
"The dialog must also be conducted on the issue of the President's resignation. I cannot understand why Saakashvili's resignation is out of question, if even such politicians as de Gaulle and Churchill in their time resigned, and later returned into politics", said Ramazan Sakvarelidze, the political scientist.
The political scientists and experts underlined that they will try to persuade Bakradze to start dialog on the issues drawn by the society and opposition.
The Speaker said the government had already proposed topics for the dialog, and they were called openly, and the government will make no opportunistic concessions to win the hearts of the opposition leaders.
According to Bakradze, the aim of the meeting is acquainting the experts' opinion in regard to settling the situation and creating conditions to start the dialog process.