- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili is sure in the support of the West2009-04-14 16:03
The support of Georgia by the west increased significantly after the August 2008 events, announced Mikheil Saakashvili today in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Although the concentration of Russian forces in Georgia and beyond it exceeds what was there in August last year, I don't think there is a possibility that Russia will resume a large-scale military adventure," he told.
"In the first line, it was reckoned for the domestic unrest but, as the events of the recent days showed, Georgia is a stable country and spreading any serious discord is impossible, despite all the spent money and implemented actions", Saakashvili claimed.
The President also praised the Eastern Partnership program by the EU.
"On May 6th we sign the Eastern Partnership, the EU program, and it means that for the first time Georgia will establish close relationships with the EU in the organizational aspect; we couldn't even dream of it a year ago", the President said.