- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO military maneuvers to be held in Georgia in May2009-04-16 12:31
NATO multinational maneuvers Cooperative Longbow 09/Cooperative Lancer 09 will be held in Georgia since May 6th to June 1st - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the press service of the Alliance, the planning of the maneuvers started in spring 2008. Their aim is to improve cooperation between NATO and its partner countries in the framework of the NATO program "Partnership for Peace".
19 countries are expected to participate: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kanada, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Greece, Kazakhstan, Moldavia, Serbia, Spain, Macedonia, Turkey, the UAE, Great Britain, and the USA.
According to NATO press service, the stage named Cooperative Longbow 09 implies command post exercise to improve cooperation in conduction anti-crisis operations at the level of multinational squads under the aegis of the UN and under the mandate of NATO.
The first stage of the maneuvers will be held in Tbilisi, where 1300 military servicemen from the Alliance countries and partner states will arrive. The stage will be conducted in Vaziani military base.
The second stage is the field maneuvers at the battalion level, to be conducted in Vaziani base from May 18th to June 1st , the press service of NATO informs.