- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Defense squads formed in Georgia2009-04-16 16:16
Georgian opposition, which has been staging mass anti-presidential protest actions in Tbilisi for a week, formed defense squads.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Such measures are taken in the light of the increased number of violence against supporters and activists of the opposition, said Bidzina Gujabidze, the Conservative party representative.
"We had to establish defense squads to protect order in the territories, around the places where protest actions are staged. Unknown masked people with clubs attack opposition supporters, such cases happen near the places where actions are staged, they do not come too close", - Gujabidze said.
He explained that the "squads will count about 100 opposition activists, unarmed, and their only aim will be prevention of violence". First such squads will start work in the evening of April 15th.
"We will take away weapons from everyone we will detain, will take away documents to identify, and we cannot rule out that we will take away clothes. And if somebody sees naked people in the city, they will realize these were sent by the authorities to deal shortly with opposition ", Gujabidze said.