- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian opposition to start nation-wide mobilization since April 21st2009-04-17 10:25
There will be no fussy performances or resounding political statements; actions will be of relatively modest scale during holidays [Orthodox Eater], but after them the Georgian opposition starts a new, wider protest wave to embrace the entire country, the opposition leaders said at the rally near the Parliament building.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Irakli Melashvili, a representative of the National Forum party, the actions of the opposition remain within the frames of the Constitution, but will become more demonstrative.
On April 21st the opposition will declare the nation-wide mobilization of its supporters, the opposition sources state. For this purpose the so-called civil committees will be established in all the parties, everyone willing will be able to register and participate in rallies.
After the holidays the opposition leaders will depart for regions to hold meeting s with its supporters and call fro them to start protest actions around the country. The meetings will be held in Batumi, Zugdidi, Poti, Ozurgeti, Telavi, Gurjaani and other cities.
Besdes, the opposition will ensure the arrival of its supporters to Tbilisi.
"Saakashvili didn't understand that no-one in the capital of Georgia is willing his presidency. We'll show him that not only the entire Tbilisi but the entire Georgia wants his resignation", Irakli melashvili claimed.