- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU got interested in Georgian opposition proposals2009-04-17 13:47
Peter Semneby, the EU special envoy in Caucasus called the proposals of Georgi Targamadze, the parliamentary minority leader, the head of the Christian Democratic party.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He said that these proposals are very interesting, though the points are not final. A framework variant must be worked out to be perfected and in future get the way, acceptable for the sides, he stated and added that the dialog is needed to remove tension and to let the political leaders to negotiate, Semneby note - Novosti-Gruzia.
The points proposed by Targamadze:
1. Resignation of Chairman of Supreme Court, Kote Kublashvili;
2. Resignation of Chairman of the Central Election Commission, Levan Tarkhnishvili;
3. Rerun of Imedi TV to its legal owners - family of the late tycoon Badri Patarkatsishvili;
4. Granting a license to the pro-opposition Maestro TV allowing the station satellite broadcasting;
5. Replacement of the current board of the Public Broadcaster;
6. Setting up of a five-member monitoring team through an agreement between the key political parties, which will monitor balanced and unbiased coverage of the developments;
7. Setting up of a monitoring team through an agreement between the key political parties, which will consider complaints filed against the police over violations related with right of expression and free movement.
"All these proposals are obsolete", commented Nino Burjanadze, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia leader. "Today the initiative was voiced, thought it must were voiced several moths ago, when we intensively called the authorities for such initiatives to relieve tension of the situation in the country", Burjanadze said.