- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia counts on West’s assistance in relations with Russia2009-04-17 16:50
Georgian counts on the assistance of the world community in relations with Russia, stated Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, finishing his official visit to the USA.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Very often the readiness of the international community to compromise is regarded as weakness in Moscow. Therefore we must in no way to let Moscow think that our positions somehow weakened", Vashadze said in the air of Rustavi 2.
In the course of his visit the Foreign Minister held meetings with the Hillary Clinton, the U.S. Secretary of State, Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary of State, the Permanent Representatives of France, Turkey, Great Britain, china, the USA, and Austria to the UN.
"We welcome the foreign minister of Georgia here at a very challenging time in the country's young democratic history. But we are going to discuss a range of issues that are important to our bilateral relationship, that will underscore our strong support for Georgian independence and democracy, and will look for ways to deepen and broaden our partnership," said Hillary Clinton. In his turn, Vashadze stated that the USA remain the main strategic partner of Georgia.
At the meeting with Ban Ki-moon the issues connected with the future of the Un mission in the Abkhaz conflict zone. The Secretary General must present his recommendations on the renewed mission mandate to the UN Security Council to May 15th.
Yesterday, speaking of the results of his visit to the USA, Vashadze called the meetings fruitful.
From the USA the Minister will depart for Scandinavia. A visit to Sweden is planned for April 20th , to Denmark - April 21st , Finland - April 22nd .