- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
State Duma proposed the Foreign Ministry of Russia to recommend Russians abstain from travels to Georgia2009-04-17 18:40
The State Duma (the lower chamber of the Russian Parliament) intends to turn to the Foreign Ministry of Russia with a request. The corresponding protocol errand of Pavel Tarakanov, the head of the parliamentary committee for youth affairs was endorsed by the Duma today.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The MP explained this decision with yesterday's detainment of the Russian citizen, Alexander Kuznetsov, the activist of youth movement Nashi (aka Ours!) - RIA Novosti.
"Kuznetsov arrived to agree with the local authorities the place for staging a peaceful action, aimed for restoration of good-neighbourly relations between the peoples of Georgia, South Ossetia and Russia, in the course of which the participants must traditionally saw the 'blanket of peace". The participants of Moscow-Tskhinval-Tbilisi must participated in this action", Tarakanov said.
He added that the Interior Ministry of Georgia accused Kuznetsov in preparation of provocations and showed video footage with a part of interrogation.
"The testimony was evidently received via tortures and psychotropic drugs. It can be proved by the fact that Alexander alluded to tortures and immediately renounced his statements, when he was handed over to diplomat of the Russian section of the Swiss embassy", the head of the youth committee mentioned.
Therefore Tarakanov gave the Duma committee for foreign affairs the protocol errand with a proposal to add Georgia immediately to the list of countries, not recommended for travels to citizens of the Russian Federation, and recommend those, who are already staying in Georgia, take proper measures of personal security.
"The State Duma will request the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia to take all possible measures for the sooner return of Alexander Kuznetsov to Russia and bringing to responsibility in the frame of the international acts people, participated in violation of the rights of our citizen in Georgia", the endorsed document claims.