- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sokhumi and Tskhinval may conduct their own maneuvers2009-04-20 15:40
Abkhazia and South Ossetia may conduct their own exercises in response to the coming NATO maneuvers in Georgia, Svoboda radio reports. The statement was made by Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He also noted that deployment of Russian military bases in Abkhazia is in completion phase and confirmed that bases are placed in Gudauta and Ochamchira. According to Bagapsh, Abkhazia will build the state border with Georgia and will guard it together with Russian forces.
The Russian side called the intention of NATO to conduct exercises in Georgia a "political demarche". The Foreign Ministry of Russia called for the Alliance to renounce the drills and "avoid steps that might again prompt in the Georgian regime a feeling of all-permissiveness and impunity". In response the bloc representatives proposed Russia to join the maneuvers, but Russia refused.