- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sweden supports territorial integrity of Georgia2009-04-21 15:39
In the course of his yesterday's visit to Sweden Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia, conducted meetings with Carl Bildt, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sweden, Per Westerberg, the Speaker of Swedish Parliament, Gunilla Carlsson, the Minister of International Development, and Eva Björling, the Minister of Trade.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According t the Foreign Ministry of Georgia, the prospective and main fields of bilateral and multilateral development cooperation was discussed.
"During the meetings, the Swedish side reaffirmed its full support for Georgia's territorial integrity and integration into the Euro-Atlantic structures. The agenda included main priorities of cooperation between the EU and Georgia and ways of enhancing these relations, in the light of the forthcoming Swedish Presidency of the EU", the Ministry states.
The sides discussed the assistance in conclusion of documents on visa regime with the EU simplification and re-admission, the beginning of the negotiations on composing a free trade agreement, prospective of cooperation within the Eastern Partnership program. The importance of activities of Swedish companies in Georgia and increasing Swedish investments in the Georgian economy were emphasized.
At the meeting with the Foreign Minister of Sweden the present-day situation in Georgia and the role of international organizations in the process of ensuring security and stability in the country was discussed.
In the course of his visit Grigol Vashadze lectured in the Institute of Security and Development on challenges and priorities of Georgian foreign policy in the period after the August war.