- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE monitors admitted they had illegally crossed South Ossetian border2009-04-21 17:48
The two OSCE military monitors, detained today by South Ossetian border servicemen, are now staying in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the talk with Boris Chochiyev, the spokesman of the President of South Ossetia, Turan Yldirim and Robert Lambert were delivered to the place of their detention and with the help of the map explained the position of the border they crossed.
The monitors turned out to have the same map. It contradicts the previous messages of the monitors' non-crossing the border or not-knowing its location, the Ministry of press and Mass Communication of South Ossetia explained.
According to the commandant' office's representative, the monitors went about 150 meters -200 meters (from 164 to 218 yards) deep into the territory of South Ossetia.
The OSCE monitors admitted the fact of the illegal crossing of the border and apologized. They explained they had wanted to speak to the South Ossetian side's representatives at the border post.
In response, Boris Chochiyev claimed that "the whole world knows what the OSCE mission in Georgia was doing in South Ossetia".
"The OSCE betrayed South Ossetia, the Ossetian people, the OSCE mission in Georgia undermined the prestige of the OSCE in the whole world ", - he mentioned.
"There is no need to prepare provocations, the OSCE for us is the organization to which we have many questions, and each this fact will be suppressed," Chochiyev said "South Ossetia repeatedly and at the highest level stated its readiness to discuss issues of further cooperation with the OSCE. Instead of working in the framework of these proposals and in the frameworks of these realities, the OSCE organizes such provocations", Chochiyev stated.