- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia was awarded the status of the reformer country number one2009-04-22 16:46
Georgia was called "the main economic reformer of Europe in recent five years," stated Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, at today's meeting of the government. According to the President, David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament, departed for Vienna to participate in the awarding ceremony - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Before his departure Bakradze said this assessment is very important for Georgia.
"Our people is in great need, in recent times the unemployment has grown due to global crisis and in result of the war" Saakashvili admitted. But this time the World Bank believes that Georgian conducts "the most correct economic policy" in Europe and it means that even in the period of economic crisis it has the chances to get foreign investments in the first line, he mentioned. "Georgia must become the economic oasis in the region", the president noted.
He expressed confidence that the country has all the chances to overcome the negative consequences of the economic crisis. "Georgia defeated everyone," he claimed and highlighted that it is "signal for investors: they should invest money in Georgia".