- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia reported of a firing from the Georgian side2009-04-23 12:14
Last night South Ossetian village Otreu was fired from the side of bordering Georgian villages Plavismani and Kveshi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
No Ossetians were wounded, stated Valeriy Valiyev,the Interior Minister of South Ossetia.
"Firing fro automatic guns - submachine guns and machine guns - in direction of our village Otreu (Tskhinvali region) started at about 10.30 p.m. on Wednesday and stopped at about 12.30 p.m. People who fired were Georgian military, as the Ministry of Defense servicemen,are deployed in that region", Valiyev said.
He added that the Ossetian side didn't start any fire in reply.
Valiyev mentioned that the service regime of the Interior Ministry of South Ossetia hasn't changed.
Boris Chochiyev, the special envoy of the President of South Ossetia regarded the firing as a provocation on the threshold of the coming meeting of the working groups in the frames of the Geneva Talks agreements.
"This provocation was undoubtedly made with a consideration of reply fire from the side of South Ossetia. It was made right before the meeting of the working groups in the framework of Geneva agreements. And, as usual, the EU monitors don't see anything, don't hear anything ", he said.
Today the first meeting of the working groups formed in the framework of incident prevention mechanism (adopted at Geneva Talks), will be held.