- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament of Georgia departs for regions to work2009-04-23 17:45
From now on the Parliament of Georgia will hold committee meetings in the regions of the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It is connected with number of restrictions appeared from April 9th, with the beginning of the protest actions, said Mikheil Machavariani, the Vice Speaker of the Parliament - RIA Novosti.
He admitted that "Since there are some obstacles in connection with the parliamentary activities, MPs departed for regions. The committees meetings will be held in practically all the regions of Georgia, on all the problematic issue that worry our citizens".
The restrictions mainly concerned the access for journalists and admissions of citizens.
Today the members of the committee for agriculture issues are expected to have a guest meeting in Telavi (East Georgia), with participation of Kakheti governor and heads of district administrations. The committee for environmental protection will have a meeting in Zugdidi (West Georgia).
The opposition regarded these changes in parliamentary schedule as its personal victory. Kakha Kukava, the leader of the Conservatives, congratulated the protesters and said that "picketing brought results".
"the Parliament of Georgia admitted the impossibility of its further work, and soon we will make the State Chancellery to make the same declaration ", Kukava said.