- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tskhinval is content with the meeting in Ergneti2009-04-23 18:35
South Ossetia called the meeting with the representatives of Georgia, Russia, the EU and the OSCE in village Ergneti (Georgia, near South Ossetian border) fruitful.
"The meeting can be called fruitful though we reached no real results ", said Merab Chigoyev, the deputy Plenipotentiary of the President of South Ossetia on post-conflict settlement, the head of South Ossetian delegation - RIA Novosti.
According to Chigoyev, the work was started from scratch, "it is a new format".
He underlined that all the participants admitted the necessity of holding similar meetings in the future.
The sides also agreed to conduct the meetings in Georgian localities bordering on South Ossetia.
"We haven't already agreed the schedule of meetings, but we propose to hold them 1-2 times a month. If something extraordinary happens, we will hold extraordinary meetings. Our next meeting will be held in early May in the territory of Georgia", Chigoyev said.
14 issues are expected to be presented for further discussion.
8 of them were proposed by the EU representative, Chigoyev mentioned.
"Bur we didn't formed the agenda and will possibly devote our next meeting to the issue of organizing", the head of South Ossetian delegation said.
In his turn, Shota Utiashvili, the Interior Ministry spokesman, the representative of Georgia, confirmed that at today's meeting only procedural issues of the next meeting were discussed, not any specific problems.
Russia was represented by Lieutenant General Sergey Antonov, the deputy Chief of Staff of the ground forces of Russia, and Lieutenant General Vyacheslav Proshin; the EU - by the EUMM head, Hansjörg Haber. The meeting was attended by the OSCE representative.