- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-ambassador of Georgia to the USA and Switzerland died2009-04-27 10:42
Levan Mikeladze, the ex-ambassador of Georgia to the USA and Switzerland, suddenly died yesterday in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In recent times he was in the opposition.
According to the Alliance of Georgia, headed by Irakli Alasania, the ex-Permanent Representative of Georgia to the UN, Mikeladze died of a heart attack.
The deceased was 52 years old. He was born in 1957 in Tbilisi. In 1992-1994 he was the advisor to the head of the state, in 1994-1995 годах - an employee of the Georgian embassy in the USA, Canada and Mexico, from 1996 to 2002 he worked in the embassy of Georgia to Austria, was the Permanent representative of Georgia to the OSCE. In 2002-2006 he was the Georgian ambassador t the USA, later was appointed the ambassador to Switzerland.
After the events of November 7th 2007 [the dispersal of a peaceful rally in Tbilisi], Mikeladze voluntarily left his position of the Georgian ambassador to Switzerland and joined opposition.
A few days ago, on April 21st, Levan Mikeladze's flat was robbed. An unknown criminal broke into the flat, beat the housemaid and attempted the robbery. The housemaid managed to escape, then the criminal left as well.
Later the Interior Ministry reported that the robber was arrested. According to the Ministry, it was Teimuraz Karchava, previously tried three times for robbery. The Interior Ministry press service spread the videotape with Karchava's confessing in the crime.