- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Today is the Day of Repentance in Georgia2009-04-28 11:31
April 28th is the Day of Repentance in Georgia. It was proclaimed by Ilia II, the Catholicos Patriarch of All Georgia, who addressed the government, the opposition and all the people of Georgia and called for everyone to come to church at 6 p.m. to repent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Today our people confronts each other. Therefore we made a decision to proclaim April 28th the Day of Repentance. On Tuesday, at 6 p.m. you all will be able to come to church and repent. You will be able to have your sins absolved in all acting churches and cathedrals", he said.
Ilia II will be saying the prayer of repentance in the Holy Trinity Cathedral, which representatives of the Georgian government and opposition plan to attend.
The protest action participants have already marked the Day of Repentance. Last night protesters near the Parliament lit candles and said prayers. Today opposition leaders and rally participants also intend to go to church and repent, but, as they say, they will not renounce their struggle with Saakashvili regime.