- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia and the EU for regular meetings on incident prevention2009-04-28 12:22
Russia and the EU supported regular meetings in the framework of mechanism of joint incident prevention and response mechanisms in border zones of Georgia and South Ossetia and Georgia and Abkhazia, agreed on the Geneva Talks.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday Grigori Karasin, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia and Pierre Morel, the EU special envoy, discussed the results of the meeting in Ergneti on phone, the site of the Foreign Ministry of Russia department of information and press informs.
In the talk the sides expressed the mutual understanding of necessity to continue such meetings on the regular basis -RIA Novosti.
Karasin and Morel exchanged opinions on the planned for May 18th -19th round of Geneva Talks on stability and security in Caucasus region.
The text of the joint incident prevention and response mechanisms was agreed at the previous round of the Geneva Talks.
The purpose of the mechanisms is provision of timely assessment and reaction on the situations in security sphere. Representatives of the relevant structures of Russia, Georgia, Abkhazia. South Ossetia are supposed to participate in the mechanism. According to the initial plans, the representatives must gathered weekly in village Ergneti [Georgia, near South Ossetia] and discuss the possible incidents if such occurred within a week.