- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Catholicos Patriarch held a meeting with opposition leaders2009-04-29 11:31
Ilia II, the Catholicos Patriarch of All Georgia held a meeting with opposition leaders- organizers and participants of the mass protest actions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting was held last night, after the service on the Day of Repentance.
According to the opposition leaders, the main topic of their talk with the Patriarch was situation in the country and necessity of repentance.
Kakha Kukava, the Conservative party leader, said that Ilia II didn't call for the cessation of the protest actions but only underlined the necessity of its peaceful development.
Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader, called the talk with the Patriarch substantial and reiterated the readiness for dialog with the authorities in case it brings any result.
All the attendants of the meeting said that the protest actions will be held in the same regime, and the main demand -Saakashvili's resignation -remains. And it also the topic the opposition is ready to dialog on with the government.
They said they assured the Patriarch their struggle will be peaceful only and will not be finished until the aim is reached.
The meeting was initiated by Ilia II.