- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ombudsman demands investigation of pressure on Rustavi 2 journalists2009-04-29 13:16
Sozar Subari, the Public Defender of Georgia, demands to investigate the fact of exerting pressure on Natia Lekveishvili and Levan Kalandia - both Rustavi 2 journalists.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The request has already been passed to Mamuka Gvaramia, the Prosecutor General of the Ministry of Justice.
Last night a fight occurred near the Parliament, where opposition activists live in mock prison cells - Novosti-Gruzia. It was provoked by three [presumably intoxicated] young men. They insulted and then beat Levan Kalandia, Rustavi 2 cameraman. According to Kalandia, first these people demanded to be shot on camera, then insulted him, then the fight began.
According to Lika Khurtsidze, the Public TV journalist action participants impeded her work.
"Action participants insulted the crew, then several women started spinning the iron platform the Public TV crew was standing on", Khurtsidze said.
The journalists turned to the Public Defender's office and claimed that insults and assault and battery were committed against them while they were working at the protest actions.
The three intoxicated persons who insisted on their being shot on camera, behaved improperly. When asked to stop impeding the work one of them hit the cameraman in the face, the second one -in the chest.
After some time other protesters made the persons who provoked the incident leave.