- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition and public figures unite in a council2009-04-29 16:03
Today representatives of the Georgian non-parliamentary opposition will hold a meeting with public figures: experts, artists, journalists.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Before the meeting [being held in Courtyard Marriott hotel, Tbilisi] it was said that in the situation when country is deep in crisis and thousands of people discontent with the government's policy came to streets, coordination of opposition members' and community is very important.
The meeting is being held upon the initiative of the opposition leaders who intend to propsose the public figures to establish a joint council.
According to Davit Gamkrelidze, the head of the New Rights party, the council will make action plans for the future and discuss new initiatives. All the decisions, adopted at the council sittings [to be held several times a week] will be announced to protesters.