- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian armoured battalion started a mutiny2009-05-05 13:27
Georgian armoured battalion in Mukhrovani (20 miles away from Tbilisi) today proclaimed insubordination to the authorities, stated David Sikharulidze, the Minister of Defense of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Minister, the mutiny started when the Interior Ministry announced the unveiling of the plot of military coup. "The military coup was a large-scaled and was directed against planned NATO exercise in Georgia as well", Sikharulidze said - RIA Novosti.
NATO exercise in Georgia will be conducted from May 6th to June 1st . Russia condemned the decision to hold maneuvers in Georgia.
"According to the Ministry's data, the organizers of the coup are former high-ranking officials of the Ministry of defense, who were connected with the Russian special services", the Interior Ministry spokesman, Shota Utiashvili said.
According to Sikharulidze, the servicemen of the mutinous battalion in Mukhrovani "present no demands".
He said he tried to enter the base and conduct negotiations, but failed. He added that the situation room is deployed at site, high-ranking representatives of the interior Ministry and the Ministry of Defense stay there and propose the military to stop the mutiny. "We continue negotiations with mutineers, they are aware of our proposal", Sikharulidze said. He mentioned that ‘all the commanders staying in Mukhrovani and participating in the mutiny are dismissed ", - ITAR TASS.