- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia accuses Georgia of organizing a terrorist act in Transcaucasian highway2009-05-05 13:51
Yesterday employees of the Committee for State Security of South Ossetia found an explosive device in Transcaucasian highway. SO authorities believe that Georgian special services are involved in installation of the bomb. In their view, Georgian special services try to destabilize situation in south Ossetia before the parliamentary elections, Novosti-Gruzia reports alluding to the Committee for State Security.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The homemade explosive device (600-800 grams in TNT equivalent) was found near village Bagiata, Dzhava region (South Ossetia). The device was placed on the roadside and was stuffed with bolts and screw nuts.
"The Committee for State Security of South Ossetia possesses the data that special services of Georgia, who were given task from the highest political leadership of the country, to destabilize situation in south Ossetia before the planned for May 31st elections to the Parliament of the republic, are involved in organizing the subversive-terrorist act. The responsibility for organizing this activity is imposed on Vano Merabishvili, the Interior Minister of Georgia", the Stare Committee claims.
The document claims that the explosive device was defused by the Ministry of Defense of South Ossetia employees and interior troops of Russia servicemen. According to the message published at the site of the ministry of press and mass Communications of South Ossetia, the criminal case is instituted, investigation is being conducted.