- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ministry of Defense of Georgia: NATO exercise will be held despite the mutiny in the military base2009-05-05 14:59
NATO exercise in the territory of Georgia, due to start tomorrow, will be held, Georgian ministry of Defense spokesman said - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"No changes to the schedule and date of conducting the exercise were made, it starts on May 6th as it was planned", the Ministry claimed. The spokesman failed to answer the question of possibility of bringing the armed forces into the increased operational readiness in the light of the mutiny in the military base in Mukhrovani. "I cannot say anything about it so far ", he mentioned.
Today Georgian armoured battalion in Mukhrovani today proclaimed insubordination to the authorities, stated David Sikharulidze, the Minister of Defense of Georgia. According to the Minister, the mutiny started when the Interior Ministry announced the unveiling of the plot of military coup. "The military coup was a large-scaled and was directed against planned NATO exercise in Georgia as well", Sikharulidze said.
"According to the Ministry's data, the organizers of the coup are former high-ranking officials of the Ministry of defense, who were connected with the Russian special services", the Interior Ministry spokesman, Shota Utiashvili said.