- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili called for mutineers to surrender2009-05-05 15:26
President Mikheil Saakashvili called for the mutinous armoured battalion in Mukhrovani to surrender - ITAR TASS. "According to my order, mutineers are given time to surrender to law enforcement bodies, it will serve them as mitigating circumstance. I know that many participate in it against their will, but it doesn't justify them", he said.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He mentioned that the negotiations are being conducted since morning, and Vano Merabishvili is currently on site. Saakashvili's address was broadcasted live in the air of Georgian TV channels. "We will take all the serious measures to avoid long-term riots inside the country. We are ready to take all the measures for protection of the democracy and territorial integrity of the country. We will not allow anyone to ruin the stronghold from the inside. I tell it as the President of the country and the Commander-in-Chief", Saakashvili said.
According to the Georgian leader the situation in the country is ‘under control". "We regard the mutiny in the armoured battalion as a serious act, a serious danger and a challenge. This incident didn't spread to other units, but they are alarmed ". At the same time Saakashvili underlined that "everything is calm in Georgia, there is no threat for anyone".