- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Attempted murder of the Interior Minister prevented in Georgia2009-05-06 11:46
The MIA expressed gratitude to Giya Karkarashvili, the ex-Minister of Defense, for the assistance in preventing the crime.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The statement was made after the air of Maestro TV, where Karkarashvili presented the video he shot with a hidden camera. The video showed Karkarashvili talking with some person, who informed him of the preparing attack on Merabishvili.
According to Karkarashvili, it happened about 3 weeks ago, and he immediately told about this meeting to Givi Targamadze, the head of the parliamentary committee for defense and security, sent his visitor to the MIA and recommended to tell his "information" to Merabishvili himself.
Karkarashvili believes that his interlocutor was likely to be one of the provokers the MIA sends to political opponents in order to discredit them.
He said he predicted possible accusations and deliberately recorded the talk with the visitor. Karkarshvili said he has a number of similar videos he can publish if needed.
Yesterday morning MIA spread the footage with one of Mukhrovani mutineers naming people participating in the incident; one of these was Giya Karkarashvili. After that Karkarashvili decided to publish his tape and underlined it was the way the authorities trump up accusations.
Last evening MIA published a short statement and thanked Gia Karkarashvili for the information which helped to prevent an attack on Merabishvili. Koba Melikidze was arrested in the framework of the case, the investigation is being conducted.