- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PA NATO delegation conducts meetings in Tbilisi2009-05-06 12:35
Last evening NATO Parliamentary Assembly, staying in Georgia, held a meeting with the Ministry of Defense representatives.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the ministry, the meeting behind the closed doors was held in Sheraton Metekhi Palace, the delegates were received by Georgi Muchaidze, the Deputy Minister of Defense. In the course of the negotiations issues of Georgia's integration into NATO and reforms in the sphere of defense were considered. The sides also discussed the situation in the armed forces of Georgia and the experience the country gained after the August conflict.
As Rainer Steiner, the representative of Germany in NATO PA said, the aim of the visit was acquaintance with the situation in Georgia after the events in Caucasus, and with the domestic policy processes.
Today the delegation will conduct meetings with David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia, heads of the parliamentary committees for defense and security and for foreign relations, and also with parliamentary opposition representatives. On May 7th meetings with non-parliamentary opposition leaders, independent experts and NGOs are planned. The program of the visit also includes visiting Vaziani military base.
PA NATO delegation arrived in Tbilisi on May 4th and finishes its visit on May 7th.