- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia and South Ossetia reinforce border guard2009-05-06 13:54
A number of South Ossetian subdivisions at the border with Georgia started serving in more intensive regime to avoid provocations from the Georgian side, stated Eduard Kokoyty, the leader of South Ossetia, yesterday - Kavkazskiy Uzel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Situation at the border is fully monitored both by South Ossetian border guards and Russian border guards, and now it is relatively quiet", he said.
"What happened in Georgia is surely the provocation from the side of Mikheil Saakashvili. And this provocation was directed, in the first line, against Saakashvili's opponents within Georgia".
At the same time he underlined that despite the situation in Georgia and the coming NATO maneuvers South Ossetia conducts preparation to Victory Day and plans to hold a military parade in Tskhinval.
Army of Abkhazia shifted to the regime of constant combat readiness in connection with NATO exercise. The guarding of Georgian -Abkhazian border is reinforced, said Anatoliy Zaitsev, the chief of the General Staff of the armed Forces of Abkhazia.
"We do not know the final plans of this exercise. The statement s we hear about this exercise, cannot be taken as read. The authorities of Georgia shouldn't be believed; they are bluffing constantly. Saakashvili used to say that he intended to settle all the conflicts peacefully, no force or military operations would be taken, but he started a war against South Ossetia. Isn't it the example of deceit and insidiousness Tbilisi regards as a war ruse?" he said
Commenting upon the situation with the mutiny, Zaitsev said: "there is enough of lucid minds in Georgia who realize that the presence of the NATO military bloc in the territory of Georgian must not be allowed, that this exercise must not be conducted now. A number of commanders and servicemen realize it may turn into a new war, and they expressed their protest in that way. It was an overt protest against the policy of Georgian leaders".