- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO Secretary General scolded Saakashvili2009-05-06 17:37
Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, NATO Secretary General criticized Mikheil Saakashvili for misrepresentation of the exercise in the country. According to the Alliance official representative, the Secretary General is especially discontent with the statements the Georgian leader made in TV air.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Alliance representative said the Georgian leader called Cooperative Longbow 09 "NATO exercise", though, according to the representative, it is the exercise held in the framework of Partnership for Peace program, the Secretary General called it exercise of NATO member and partner countries, hosted by Georgia.
Jaap de Hoop Scheffer underlined that the exercise has nothing to do neither with the relations of NATO and Georgia nor with the relations of NATO and Russia.
9 member countries and 4 partner countries of NATO will take part in Cooperative Longbow 09/Cooperative Lancer 09 maneuvers in Georgia. The Alliance members to be represented are; Albania, Canada, Croatia, Spain, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Turkey, the USA. The Partnership for Peace program countries will be represented by Ukraine, Georgia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia.
NATO representative mentioned that, in fact, two different types of maneuvers will be held, and different number of participants will be involved. He added that the parts do not begin simultaneously, and the participants will arrive in Georgia in different time, when they will be needed.
Cooperative Longbow exercise starts on May 6th , it implies no maneuvers on site, but only coordination of action and papers, the Alliance representative said.