- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Activists accused of beating a journalist, are released2009-05-07 11:20
Three young opposition activists, accused of beating a Public TV journalist, Revazishvili, Oniani, and Vachnadze, have already been released, Rustavi 2 TV company report alluding to the Prosecutor's Office press service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The activists were released on request of Ilia II, the Catholicos- Patriarch of All Georgia, who last night, after the incident near the police office in Tbilisi , turned to the authorities and asked them to take measures to ease the tense situation in the country.
He called for the authorities to take a political decision and release the three activists, arrested over breaking the law.
Opposition, following Georgi Gachechiladze's initiative, held a protest action hear the police office. Previously the opposition leaders learnt that the activists were beaten, and not only tortured, but threatened with rape.
The situation got acute when Gachechiladze climbed over the fence. Police had to confront the opposition, 29 people were injured and taken to hospitals, most of them have been discharged this morning. "Police was protecting the building only from inside the fence, so it was not the dispersal of the action, I underline, it was the fact of attack on the police", the deputy Interior Minister.