- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
International maneuvers participants are conducting working meetings2009-05-07 15:31
Cooperative Longbow 09/Cooperative Lancer exercise [held in Georgia in the Partnership for Peace program framework] participants are conducting working meetings today - ITAR TASS, alluding to the Ministry of Defense of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry representative, since May 6th works on preparation of the official beginning of the staff exercise [to be started on May 11th] are conducted. "Representatives of NATO member and partner countries are arriving step-by-step to Georgia. Those, who has already arrived, participate in meetings of different working groups", he said.
Cooperative Lancer 09 exercise will last to May 19. On May 21 in the same Vaziani base Cooperative Longbow 09 field exercise, implying training for peacemaking operations at the battalion level, will be conducted and will last to June 3.
According to the Ministry, no heavy military machinery will be used. 19 NATO member and partner countries (including Georgia) intended to participate, but only 14 are left. Armenia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Serbia, Switzerland do not participate for different reasons. The UAE hasn't already confirmed its participation.