- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU hopes meeting on security in Caucasus will be held soon2009-05-07 16:32
Today the EUMM in Georgia issued a statement in connection with the deranged meeting on security in Caucasus - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It must have been held on May 7th in Tirdznisi village of Gori region (Georgia) : the second meeting in the framework of the incident prevention mechanism, agreed in the course of Geneva Talks. The participants must have been representatives of Georgian, Russian, South Ossetian and Abkhazian sides, as well as the EU and the OSCE monitors.
The MIA of Georgia informed that the meeting will not be held and imposed responsibility for the derangement on Russia and South Ossetia.
The EUMM doesn't comment the reasons of the derangement but also deplores and hopes the meeting will be held in the nearest future.
The best way to decrease tension of all the sides ids the possibility to solve issues in the frameworks of the incident prevention mechanism, adopted in Geneva, the Mission statement claims.
In the course of the recent weeks various statements of the build-up forces at the both sides of the border were made, the statement mentions. The EUMM continues monitoring Georgian police and actions of the armed forces of Georgia in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding and, as it was previously said, sees no activities violating the agreements, the statement says.